Re: hello from a newbie - Now Lin Reg

David,
You can move the apparent data that LinearReg uses by 5 bars by using:
Forward: Ref(LinearReg(C,periods),5)
Backward: Ref(LinearReg(C,periods),-5)

If you need something for the end of the chart, try:
{My apologies to whoever the author was. I don't remember for sure where I
got this.}

{Same as LinReg line study}
Pe:=Input("Periods",3,1000,10);
Z:=LastValue(LinearReg(C,Pe));
Y:=LastValue(Cum(1))-Cum(1);
U:=Z-(LastValue(LinRegSlope(C,Pe))*Y);
R:=0-(LastValue(Cum(1))-Pe);
A:=U+Ref(C,R)-Ref(C,R);
A;

Other than this, I don't think that there is any predictive value to the
indicator.
Looking at previous support/resistance levels and price extremes is the
extent that I use to "predict" anything. I'm one of those guys that the
market delights in proving wrong if I go too far out on a limb to see around
the corner. I prefer to ride in the "trailer" and let the market show which
hill to take. Kind of like the guy that rides on the back of a county road
repair truck and drops safety cones on the road. When "things" look good, I
drop a cone. When we get to the crest of the hill, I drop another cone and
exit the trade. I have much greater success riding the big hills rather than
trying to extract profits out of every little bump. Keeps trading commission
costs way down too.

-Corey Saxe