Re: hello from a newbie

Maurice wrote, "...Am currently experimenting with bollinger
> bands to see if they fit my trading approach....."

For a suggestion, try Steve Karnish's formula for Bollinger Bands
as an oscillator.  I have been working with this, and it has been
profitable.

((C+2*Std(C,20)-Mov(C,20,S))/(4*(Std(C,20)))*100)

Steve offer the formula on this list about three weeks ago as a
base formula to work from.  It looks good to me as written.  It
was also suggested to add horizontal lines at 0. and 100.

Al Taglavore