Re: Accessing MS/Reuters data files in VBA

At 04:25 PM 9/21/01 -0500, you wrote:
>It looks interesting
>1.  is it user friendly, that is, easy to use?
>2. how good is the Metastock interface?
>3. is it free from computer crashes?
>4. does it complement or duplicate Metastock?

Hi Lionel, I have not used this product however the Toolkit looks very
interesting and provides many of the functions one would need to translate
a basic MS system into a standalone VB system to facilitate further
development - to allow things like running parallel trading systems and
using equity feedback.

So, this is not an add-on, or a competing or replacement product, it is a
set of tools that allows the serious developer to progress beyond MS... at
least it looks that way to me.

All trading system software, MS, TS, TC and whatever, try to "make it easy"
for us to develop systems however by doing so they impose numerous
limitations, force you into traditional approaches, make you spend numerous
hours in learning programming languages that are unique and are useless
anywhere else in the world and that do not become a knowledge base for
further learning - how nice if one of them would make their system C, C++,
VB, or VBA compatible: that would be a dream come true! Just my humble
opinion.

We have many computer programmers on this list and it would be interesting
to hear who has translated their MS system into a classical/standard
programming language.

Happy trading,
Herman.

PS. Like I said before, MS is a great starter system and is great for
prototyping new ideas. I couldn't do without it.