Re: Stochastic Metastock

Hi Igor,

Could you post the code for your trendindicator ?

Many thanks,
Nick

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  -----Original Message-----From:
  igor.devisscher <<A
  href="mailto:igor.devisscher@xxxxxxxxxx";>igor.devisscher@xxxxxxxxxx>To:
  metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  <<A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:
  Monday, 17 September, 2001 6:23Subject: Stochastic
  Metastock
  Hy,
  Could someone help me with the following. I
  have a selfmade good working trendindicator. Witch gives me allready great
  gains but I would like to secure even a bit more of the gainings before the
  trend indicator turns from bull into bear or from bear into bull. To help me
  with this I have to take an oscillator. I took the stochastic. The parameters
  of the stochastic is 9-5-3 horizontal lines 80-20. I would like to have both,
  the trend and the stochastic in one expertformula.  So if the stoch.
  gives a short signal in a bullish trend then the expertadvisor should give an
  exit-long if it gives an other long signal the expert should gives an re-entry
  long. Opposite for the bearish trend. But that is not all. . If the trend is
  bullish and my stochastic falls below the 80-line it will give an exit-short.
  BUT...when the stoch crosses itself again before it crosses the 20-line it
  should re-enter long and STAY long till the stochastic finds the power to
  cross the 20 line. That is important in major move's or trends. So you will be
  abble to take the compleet move and till the stoch. finds the power
  to cross the 20-line that will still be sooner than the trend will turn from
  bullish in to bearish. Also here the opposite for the bearish trend.

  Basically it should come to this:
  ENTER LONG=when trendindicator is long and
  stoch. cross 20 and > 20
  EXIT LONG1= when trendindicator is long stoch.
  cross 80 and is < 80
  RE-ENTER LONG after <FONT face=Verdana
  size=2>EXIT LONG1=  stoch cross itself before cross 20

  EXIT LONG2 after RE-ENTERLONG= Stoch <
  20
  GENERAL EXIT LONG= when trendicator is long and
  stoch < 20

  the opposite for short.

  Many thanks and greetings
  igor