RE: Afghanistan Off Topic

<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>Sonny
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
I was
not saying we should turn the other cheek. I was quoting (I think) Christ. I am
still trying to reconcile the issues for me. Since that is my problem I will try
to leave it off the list.
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
The
problem in Afghanistan reminds me of what we did after WW I. We left Germany in
such a state that we planted the seeds for the WW II Germany to arise. We were
wiser after WW II and actually helped Germany and Japan to recover but with free
democratic countries.
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
It
seems that what needs to be done is to establish control over Afghanistan and
help rebuild it into a free democratic country so that they can join the rest of
the free world. This is, of course, a threat to all countries that rule by force
of arms. An impoverished country is the soil from which this sort of terrorism
arises.
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
I do
not think we should strike them hard blindly as I do not believe the people are
at fault. I think the target is the government, the military, and the
terrorists. My personal belief is taking over the country until a free
democratic government can be established.
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
Just
my 2 cents, neo

<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #008080 2px solid">
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of Sonnysark@xxxxxxxSent: Saturday, September 15, 2001
  8:41 PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  God&War I
  never said you were asinine, or naive.  I said you're ideas were naive
  and asinine and sounded like something a college student would say.  They
  just killed over five thousand people (or more we don't know yet), they just
  destroyed even many more lives, they just cost us multi billions of dollars,
  and on top of that we haven't been able to trade (a bit of humor in all this)
  and you were saying to just turn the other cheek?  Come on man!  But
  you are now making a lot more sense, as you are talking about some type of
  military action.  We should strike them so hard that even our allies will
  be shocked.  This is the only thing they understand.
                              -H.
  Sonny Sarkissian- <FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#008080 size=4
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Sonny<FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#000000 size=3
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF">   <FONT lang=0 face=Arial
  color=#008080 size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">I am sorry my questions made you
  angry. This is the usual reflex action. We do not like something, we feel
  anger and then we attack. Your attack on me personally is clear by calling me
  "naive and asinine", and my thoughts as "naive, college student like
  thinking".<FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#000000 size=3
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF">   <FONT lang=0 face=Arial
  color=#008080 size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">I am well past my college years. We
  live in an imperfect world. I think we need to give this deeper thought.
  Perhaps we need to take military action but I wonder in what manner. Perhaps
  this might involve a coalition with the Northern group in Afghanistan and take
  control of the country and establish a democratic government with NATO
  occupation. Then move on to other countries one by one. This would all have to
  be done with the support of the moderate Muslims and the rest of the
  world.
    <FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#008080 size=4
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF">What we do not want to do is polarize the Muslims to give
  the terrorists more support.<FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#000000
  size=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">   <FONT lang=0 face=Arial
  color=#008080 size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">neo<FONT lang=0 face=Arial
  color=#000000 size=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">