Re: God & War Turning the other cheek

Your thoughts sound pretty constructive to me.   It is healthier for you to
work through the anger, try to understand what really happened in its
historical context, and move on.  It helps clear the mind to make better
decisions so that the painful lessons of this catastrophe can be learned
and applied to reduce the danger of a repeat.  If a religious orientation
makes this process easier, more power to that religion.

One good thing that may come out of this is that the US will be more
reluctant to support violent "freedom fighters" around the world (such as
the Taliban and Sadam Hussein -- both of which have received considerable
US support in the past -- way back in history beyond the 15 second
attention span promoted by TV news coverage.

However, I suspect it will require almost a saint-like strength of
character to be willing to turn the other cheek in the face of Tuesday's
atrocity and I'm not at all sure that is the correct response in this case.