Re: Meaning of Average Drawdown

Angel, Please provide and go through an example for me. Thanks, Dan Angel Ibarra wrote:   To calculate the average drawdown I prefer to calculate the drawdown daily ( diference in % between the historic maximum of the equity and its actual value ). Then, the average drawdown is the mean value of the daily drawdown in the last N days.I think this is a good description about the characteristics of your sistem and if you are now inside a drawdown or not.RegardsAngel Ibarra  -----Mensaje original----- De: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]En nombre de CRLeBeau@xxxxxxx Enviado el: viernes, 06 de julio de 2001 18:40 Para: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Asunto: Re: Meaning of Average Drawdown   In a message dated 7/5/01 12:27:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time, e.glass@xxxxxxx writes:
Now I think I know what an equity curve is, which shows the low point (or drawdown) over time. But what is average drawdown?     Good question.  The number of drawdowns in the average is usually stated (as in "the average of the ten largest drawdowns".)  As you are aware, you are either making a new equity peak or you are in a drawdown - so the total number of drawdowns that can be measured can be substantial.  I usually see the ten largest drawdowns as the number commonly used to create an average drawdown calculation. Chuck LeBeau www.traderclub.com