RE: CSI volume data still appears wrong

Bill "wavemechanic",

- CSI is still listed as the data provider for Yahoo [Yahoo Finance makes a
generic statement about ..."any of its data or content providers (such as
Reuters, CSI and exchanges)..." but I believe that CSI is their main (?sole)
stock data provider, as their site clearly gives them the credit:
"Historical chart data and daily updates provided by Commodity Systems, Inc.
(CSI)". Remember, there's a lot of data on their site, ranging from SEC
filings to options to news to insider trading, etc., and naturally you would
expect a lot of sources for that sort of info - there is no "one" source of
all this data!]

- I randomly checked out 2 stocks - UHS (Universal Health) and GENZ
(Genzyme). Both had 2:1 stock splits several weeks ago, giving the data
vendor enough time to correct any inaccuracies. If you open 6 month charts
(select bar chart - its better than line chart), you will immediately see
the volume spike starting from the day of the split; to the naked eye, on
average the post-split volume bars appear to be twice the height of
pre-split volume bars. You can check the underlying data by clicking the
Historical Quotes: Daily which will bring up a page with the daily data

- Again, 2 stocks do not constitute a scientific survey but does suggest
that they haven't yet been able to fix (or are oblivious to) that error,
atleast for some (?all) stocks. I don't know if they provide correct data to
individual subscribers but for unknown reasons are unable to do it for Yahoo
(hard to imagine that, though). Also, all this talk about volume may be
completely irrelevant to some people, so they shouldn't make decisions about
a data provider based on that alone

- I don't subscribe to CSI; I was merely passing on whatever info I had for
the sake of the forum. I still believe that they are a very good source of
data, especially futures data (the study that everybody quotes dealt with
futures data - if memory serves me right, it was based on S&P and soybeans
data (what a combo!) - and came out in Futures mag in 1999).

Regards,

Shashi