  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 10:42
  PM
  Subject: CSI
  I think that overall CSI is a very good source for data, as
  some other forumusers have indicated. But just be aware there is one major
  problem withtheir stock data that I have discovered - the volume data is
  incorrect if astock has had a split. e.g. Say a stock trades exactly 1
  million sharesevery day and it closes today at 20 and after market close
  it has a 2:1split, then next day it starts trading at 10 (or so). Now if
  you were tolook at the historical volume after the split, you will still
  see CSIshowing it as 1 million shares, though it should be 2 million (as
  market capdoesn't change after a stock split i.e. 1 million x 20 = 2
  million x 10).Why is this important? In my Metastock Explorations, I
  use the 50day Mvg Avgof volume multiplied by price as a filter to exclude
  small caps. Using theexample given above, I will get an erroneous result
  for 49 days after thestock split.You can verify this yourself by
  checking the volume before and after a stocksplit by calling up historical
  prices at Yahoo Finance (their data provideris CSI); track several stocks
  about to split starting today. I have donethis a few times in the past and
  their volume data after a stock splitremained unadjusted for the split
  (the last time I did this many months ago;its possible they may have fixed
  this). I did call them many months ago tobring it to their attention but
  the lady who answered was arrogant andinsistent that their data was the
  cleanest in the industry and refused toentertain any doubts, so I just
  hung up.Again, this only applies to stock volume data, post-split. I
  don't have anyexperience with their mutual fund or futures
  data.Shashi===================================================================================== -----
  Original Message -----=20  From: Michael Gilbert=20  To: <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 1:34 AM  Subject: dial data &
  eurocurrency  If anyone is using dial data and has downloaded
  the eurocurrency =symbol E1 ,any month, your data is ROUNDED  to
  3 decimals. Dial Data cannot fix this. I was told that they WILL =NOT FIX
  THIS. If you are trading off of this  data source, then GIGO
  applies.  If anyone has a moment, please share with me who has
  been your BEST =source of reliable, clean Data?? (NOT THE CHEAPEST but the
  BEST)  thanking you in advance
Michael