From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Glen Wallace
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 15:41
To: MetaStock listserver
Subject: Re: Welles Wilder's Parabolic SAR

Thanks for the LeBeau reference, Lionel.  The formula, from Computer
Analysis of the Futures Market, is:

SARt = SARt-1 + (AF * (EPprior - SARt-1))

Where:
SARt = current SAR (stop and reverse)
SARt-1 = prior SAR
EP = extreme price
AF = acceleration factor.  The AF normally starts at 0.02 and steps up
in increments of 0.02 to a maximum of 0.20.

The difficulty with the MetaStock canned version is that the parabolics
start whenever the prior stop is violated, and not at your entry point.

The code for an entry-point-dependent variation of the parabolic will be
a bit tricky because of the awkwardness in defining the entry price in
MetaStock.  I'll post the code to the list in due course.

Regards.