Re: E-Signal Rate Hike

To echo what Kevin is saying:  www.dynastorelight.com has lots of options for "feeding" Metastock.
 Check out all of the feeds that they support, in addition to Quote.com.  TAL, Realtick, etc.  all
described there on the website.  You may already be using a broker that provides a Realtick feed
(e.g. MB Trading).

I've used Dynastore for over a year to feed both Metastock and Tradestation from QFeed. It is one
of the *best* supported and most useful pieces of software that I have.  The history downloading
is great for filling holes in your data, and can be accomplished real time.

Check also www.mechtrading.com for another excellent program to download data to fill holes.  You
can also set up QCollector to refresh your data every 10 seconds, giving you a pseudo-realtime
feed.

I prefer to have the Dynastore application managing my datafeed interface, rather than having it
integrated into the charting application like Metastock.  There are many great utilities that
users have created, as well as those available on Dynastore, that give the user more freedom and
control in establishing a robust connection to realtime data.

Also be aware that there's a new datafeed and history project being developed by one of the
original people at Quote.com (Eric Scott Hunsader).  Terra, Lycos,  bought them out and now his
noncompete agreement has expired.  It's called GenerationV, and you can find the discussions on
the Yahoo! Groups lists.  It should be an outstanding application for reliability, stability, and
quality.

I just can't comprehend eSignal's or Terra/Lycos' strategy (or lack thereof), by raising prices or
abandoning customer service, when there's an obvious competitive threat to their market share just
four or five months away.....

With regards to the beta tester program at Metastock, I have to scratch my head....  I've been
beta testing the version for Quote.com for almost 9 months now.  It's been a disappointing
experience to be a tester.  At least for me, it means that I get a Beta CD every six or eight
months, tie up one of my computers while using it, write some comments or questions, and never
hear a single word back from Equis.  Oh well.  I wonder if they are still even working on it.

Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO