Re: Volume Indicaters

Larry,

Your indicator measures an aspect of volume that I have only looked at
qualitatively.  That is, the cyclicality of volume itself.  I know that
volume tends to peak just before tops and bottoms and your indicator could
show those peaks and make tape reading easier.

I have normalized the PVT() indicator and use it much like a regular price
stochastic with the same kinds of signals.  PVT() is an on balance volume
type indicator described in the Equis manual.  The formula for the fast
(signal) line of my stochPVT() is

Mov((PVT()-LLV(PVT(),19))/
(HHV(PVT(),19)-LLV(PVT(),19)), 5, S)

The formula for the slow line is a three day moving average of the fast line
and is given by:

Mov(Mov((PVT()-LLV(PVT(),19))/
(HHV(PVT(),19)-LLV(PVT(),19)), 5, S),3,S)

When these lines are plotted in an inner window, they give an indication of
whether volume is flowing in or flowing out of a stock.  I use it for
secondary confirmation of my analyses.  I have never tested or optimized it
so it may not be worth what you paid for it.

Dan