RE: Excel Portfolio Tracker

Try
"Count(A1:A1000)"  where the reference inside the parenthesis is the range
of cells to count, in this example column A, rows 1 to 1000.  BTW, Excel
has a pretty extensive formula function that can be accessed from the
"fx" button on the toolbar.  If you click on that
button while in a blank cell, Excel will prompt you with the various functions
that are available in a neatly categorized menu.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of neoSent: Monday, June 04, 2001 1:11 PMTo:
  metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: Excel Portfolio
  Tracker
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>Thanks Tim
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  This
  would give me the total summary. Is there also a way that Excel will
  automatically give me the # of rows that have data so that I can calculate the
  weekly and annualized returns?

  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>neo

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
    owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
    Behalf Of Tim LumleySent: Monday, June 04, 2001 8:37
    AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: Excel
    Portfolio Tracker
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>The easiest way would be to create your summation range (your formula
    that adds the values) to include a lot of blank rows.  If there is no
    value in them, they will not add to the running summary.  As you enter
    new values from your trades that are within the range, they will add to the
    tally.  When you fill up the initial range, be sure to expand it with
    more blank rows to keep your running total cell calculating
    properly.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>TGL

      <FONT face=Tahoma
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
      owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
      Behalf Of neoSent: Monday, June 04, 2001 7:10
      AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Excel
      Portfolio Tracker<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
      size=4>
      <SPAN
      class=490020512-04062001>I would like to set up a spreadsheet to track all
      of my trades after they are closed with a running summary. Is there a way
      with Excel to add all of the values in a column without specifying the end
      of the column?
      <SPAN
      class=490020512-04062001>
      <SPAN