Re: Tape Reading

Some of the books by or about Jesse Livermore may
have something. There were some publications in the past about buying on
increasing or high volume.
Try academic libraries and metropolitan library
systems.
Tape reading went out because it is easier to do
this with a computer.
Some of the Metastock functions like OBV may be of
help to you.

My own suggestion would be to set up a template
with one or two volume based indicators and one other price based indicator and
see how good the signals are.  You can set up an exploration that will
select stocks that meet certain volume criteria and see how they
work.
Lionel Issen<A
href="mailto:lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV
  <A title=wooglin.org@xxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:wooglin.org@xxxxxxxxxxx";>Wooglin
  To: <A title=tech-traders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:tech-traders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>tech-traders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
  <A title=quotes-plus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:quotes-plus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>Quotes-Plus Yahoo ; <A
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>List
  MetaStock
  Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 8:33 PM
  Subject: Tape Reading

  I am looking for source material on the old
  fashion art of tape reading. As I understand it, someone with a trained eye
  and a good memory could watch the tape and see the accumulation (or
  distribution) of a stock followed by a price change in that
  direction.

  I am looking not only for explanation of the
  technique itself but also the trading tactics that go with it.

  Thanks,

  Jim Barone