From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Yngvi Hardarson
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 16:20
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Karnish systeem

Bruce and all interested!

Try this for a simple test and then improvise yourself...
(You don't want it all handed to you without effort... Right?!)

What follows is a simple example using a moving average crossover system
employing 10 and 30 day exponential averages. These are just examples and
profitability is dubious.

Custom indicator which gives 1 for longs and -1 for shorts
Indicator Name: Position
MASwitch:=If(Mov(C,10,E)>Mov(C,30,E),1,If(Mov(C,10,E)<Mov(C,30,E),-1,0));
If(BarsSince(MASwitch=1) <BarsSince(MASwitch=-1),1,-1)

Custom indicator for cumulative open Equity curve without trading costs.
Indicator name: Equity
Cum(If(Ref(Fml("Position"),-1)=1,C-Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C))

You can make several such equity lines and then just add them by using a yet
another custom indicator, e.g.
Indicator name: TotalEquity
Fml("Equity1")+Fml("Equity2")