RE: AIQ

> -----Original Message-----> From:
owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [<A
href="mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Jack Griffin> Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 5:27 PM> To:
metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: AIQ>>> ---
iamken <iamken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > Metastock can easily
create composite securities.  I> > have not found a way to
do> > this in TS2000i.  The closest I have come is to>
> create an indicator by> > subtracting data2 from data1.  But
it's not the same> > as a bar chart.>> It is pretty
close.  You just need to use paint bars> and you can plot it almost
like an artificial symbol.><FONT color=#800000
face=Tahoma>One of the things I really like about MSK is the ability to create
these Composite securities on Tick data.  In TS4, I am able to plot two
price series only down to 1 minute of data compression.  Why would this
matter?
Well, for my
systems that I run intraday, the Premium has a *huge* amount of value.
Fortunately, QFeed supplies the EPREM.X which is the E-Mini version of what
most people know as the $PREM for the large contract.  Unfortunately, no
data vendor that I know of will provide a synthesized NASDAQ Mini
Premium.
In Metastock, I can
create that Composite on a tick basis, and chart it accordingly.  Ideally,
I'd like to plot this as an 8 or 10 tick bar, but I'm adjusting to a visual 1
tick chart.  (It's much easier to see divergences when the detail is being
traced out rather than assessing the extremes of a bar).  Again, this is
just one person's opinion of something that I have learned that works for my
style and my timeframe of trading.
Does anyone know if
TS2000i can plot multiple tick data on the same chart as data1 and
data2?  That would be a *HUGE* feature!
The composite that I describe
above works only in realtime.  Because of the Metastock time format
HH:MM:XXX, the arrays will line up properly as ticks come in.  But once you
reload the chart, you'll have a 250 tick per minute symbol (NQ) trying to line
up with a 8 tick per minute symbol (NDX), so all 8 ticks will correspond to
ticks  :001 through :008 on the NQ.
different files from the> > same symbol in both RTH and> >
24hr session format.  I can display a chart of ESM1> > for the
day session and at> > the same time display a chart for the 24hr
globex> > session.  I have not found a> > way to do
this in TS.  Both sessions can be> > displayed, but not at the
same time.>> This is sort of tricky, but I know a few people who
do> this.  You add a new symbol, call it DESM1.  (D for>
Day.)   Block out night sessions.  Then get>
dynastore/dynaloader to feed global server.  Only> problem is that
you double ES bandwidth requirements.>>> >> >
In MSPro 7.03, if the realtime feed goes down I can> > use eSignal to
patch holes> > in the data during the current session once the
feed> > comes back.   With TS I> > can't do
that.  Well after the market has closes I> > can however download
intraday> > data HistoryBank.  Some TS users us
Qfeed/dynastore> > and are however able to get> > on deamnd
intraday data, but because of reported> > Quote.com reliability
problems> > I am not going that route.  Perhaps there is a
way> > to use eSignal to patch TS by> > first patching the
hole in MSPro with eSignal, then> > export as ASCII, then
import> > to TS.  But I have not explored that and it>
> certainly has more steps involved> > that I would
like.I've been cheating here.
I know it's only a matter of time before I get
caught....
The latest version of
Dynastore (V5) has a really neat built in collection module.  It's very
fast, and I'll often collect and paste in my data while my system is still
collecting quotes.  I've heard that this can sometimes cause some data
corruption--because the Omega Server doesn't really know how to share.
I've gotten away with this for several weeks now.
For Metastock in real time,
I've been using QCollector2.  This has been a snap to use, and I can
refresh my data without stopping any tick collection.  Unlike the Omega
server which rewrites the entire day's worth of tick data, which inevitably
causes gaps, the Equis Server will just replace the old ticks with the
new.  So, I keep a complete set of data, and I stay connected.

--Dave
Nadeau
> Agreed.  Big flaw of TS 2000i.  Was fixed
with TS Pro> however (but since you trade futures, you can't use>
it).>> Thanks for all the comments.  I had thought MS
had> more things besides ease of use then 2000I, but it> seems I
am missing little (except that portfolio> searching Dave pointed
out).>> Jack>>>
Yahoo!?> Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great
prices> <A href="http://auctions.yahoo.com/";
target=_blank>http://auctions.yahoo.com/>