From: Daniel Martinez
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: QP2.x Alternatives.

There are at least 2 things QP should improve on.  Their scanning program
and
Excel support.  Their scanning program is basically 3 years old.  It doesn't
support array's, strings, or global variables.  The arrays should be able to
hold tickers, or numbers.  It doesn't support string comparisons such as "IF
symbol="INTC" THEN" or "IF  IndustrySector ="Capital Goods &Services" THEN".
Global variables would be for storing data from symbol to the next during a
scan.  For example, you should be to have an array which stores symbols,
then be
able to do calculations based on relative strength comparisons.  A relative
strength comparison with !COMP would be useful.

Even though you can access QP 2.2 in Excel, there are no TA functions
available.  It is a major bother finding, debugging, and setting up a
function
library.  XLTOPS was a TA library for Excel but it wasn't tailored to access
QP
data.  Unfortunately, they went out of business.  If QP had a robust
scanner,
you wouldn't even need Excel.

Daniel.

Peter Gialames wrote:

> PowerInvestor screens fundamentals, PowerTech screens technicals.  I used
> this about 2 years ago and found their data to be awful.
>
> I don't think you can get PowerTech without purchasing PowerInvestor (that
> was my experience two years ago so this might have changed).  And both
> programs are separate - you can't screen fundamentals in PowerTech or scan
> technicals in PowerInvestor (again an experience of mine that might have
> changed in two years).
>
> The scanning program in PowerInvestor was nice - a VB type application.
It