From: "Brooke" <brookelise@xxxxxxxx>
To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: QP2.x Alternatives.

> > Janene:
> > 1. Yes, you have had a few e-mails bounced back to you.  This is a
problem
> > with iname.com.  I have discontinued using that address.
> >
> > 2. You largely ignored my requests for assistance with the spurious
> tickers that kept showing up as not in the database. I finally found a
brute force solution.

> Weren't they simply symbols that were no longer trading -- and yet you
were
> trying to get updated quotes for them? By brute force, do you mean you
> simply deleted them from your old lists of symbols or that you created new
> lists? ***No, not that simple.
That's not difficult, and would seem to be part of normal maintenance
> of the lists one creates. Symbols do change.***These were spurious symbols
that were not in my data base. The QP utility does not flag all the tickers
that are not in the data base, only those that are merged or renamed. Kinda
inadequate to me.

> > 3. Most of your published scans are defective** *Brooke I am not running
a tutorial. It would take too long to give a detailed explanation.

> If by "published scans" you mean the sample scans in the program, this
> simply isn't true. In fact, it's ridiculous. If you mean scans you've
found
> elsewhere, there's usually a quick explanation for why you couldn't get
them
> to work (and it's not because the scans are "defective").
>
> >and your scan language doesn't
> > seem to provide sufficient capability to control the size of the scan or
> the format and size of the output.
>
> This makes no sense. What do you mean by controlling the size of the scan?
> It's a powerful scanning language, and one can write just about any custom
> scan one can dream up. And it's easy to control the size and content of
the
> output, and the format.   ***no you cant, Janene assured me of this.

> Like most things (especially those involving technical analysis of
stocks),
> writing QP2 scans does take some effort on the part of the user. There's a
> learning curve. One doesn't need to be a programmer to write good scans.
> It's not a difficult language to learn, if one applies oneself to it. I
> wouldn't give up on QP2 so soon, Lionel. *** the language is awkward and
difficult to apply(it looks simple but it isn't a simple language).
Metastock explorations can be exported to a spreadsheet, easily sorted, and
edited.