Re: Off Topic: alternative O/S

Theo Lockefeer wrote:

> Erwin,
>
> If metastock would run under Linux (without the Windows emulation)
> we wouldnot be depending on microsoft or ?
> ( for the moment i donot think equis (metastock producer) will develop
>   a linux version because they are too microsoft oriented)

absolutely, that would be the best solution but I also think that there
will be no MS for Linux for a long time (maybe never). I got the impression
that this thread was about running MS on an *emulated* windows on linux...

> If you run Linux in another partition and you would have a crash in
> Internet explorer on your windows partition switching to linux with another
> browser gives you the ability to surf again much quicker then recovering
> from the
> IE crash so for user the ability to be independent of any OS surely has
> important advantages .

I've never encountered a IE crash that killed my system, but there are
advantages of having more than one system (best to have a complete
second computer which you can switch to in case of ermergency...)