Re: Murphy Chart Pattern Recognition plug-in

Hi Mensur,

In my experience all the US data providers have problems providing accurate
data for UK market, even FTSE top 350 companies. I use AIQ software as well
as Metastock and make use of the AIQ/Mytrack data feed - the UK data quality
from this is also abysmal.

I have tried the US downloadquotes.com site for UK data but again they had a
lot of problems. They have told me UK data problems are now sorted but I
haven't checked this out recently.

IMO the best data feed for UK data is a UK provider called Prestel (Citifeed
Plus service). However this service is not internet based - you need to dial
their UK based server to download a  zipped file. Cost is around 100 pounds
per year. As a guest user I think you can closing prices from them free of
charge.

You say you are using Reuters - are you using them for UK prices as well?
When I tried using internet option in MS 7.03 to get quotes for UK stocks
(via Reuters) it would not work and I logged complaint with Equis support.

John