folder hierarchy names

Hi,

I am new to metastock.

(I am in Australia.)

All the files in a metastock database are stored under alphabetical folders,
ie all the securities starting with A in a folder under A, those starting
with B in a folder called B.

When I want to look at a security chart I have to go up a
directory and then down to the folder starting with the right letter. Is
there some way of getting metastock to open a security without navigating a
folder structure.

Also when selecting a security metastock assumes that you enter the ticker
value. Is there a way of getting it to open a security by entering the
company name.

Thanks,

Rowena