RE: new user questions

"Using C++ and MSK could one program an indicator to make projections
AND plot these projections past the most recent bar? This is one limitation
that MetaStock has, that TradeStation does not."

Designing an Indicator that will give a predictive value can be done easily
enough.  Getting it to plot in MS is not possible.  Please remember that I
have complaints about the software myself.  I can't stand the system tester
and I won't even touch it.  I think it is the only part of the program that
is almost completely worthless.

However, I was not blasting complaints about the software, I was blasting
complaints about the formula language.  If you want a value from any
calculation of any kind of indicator, you can get the data.  If you want to
trade based on the position of the moon, mars, and jupiter, you can do it in
MSX.  You will not be able to plot a little picture of mars 2 bars in front
of the most recent data point in MS, but you could create a function value
to trade from.  Don't blast Equis for not putting your personal system in
MS.  If you don't want to learn how to use the MSX and C++, etc. that is not
Equis's fault. They cannot be all things to all people.  They can make tools
avalable for those who want to use them.

There have been a slew of posts recently that complained about the formula
language being too simple.  The reality is that it can be as complex as you
want to make it.  If you are a decent C++ programmer, you can do anything
you want with the data from MS and simply send back into MS as true or false
value to trade from.  This is not my style, but it is possible.  I also like
the old addage that simpler is better.  In fact, I have done very well over
the past 2 years using the simplest indicators.  (1999--194% on total
account, 2000--112% on total account, $4000 to $25,000 and almost up to
$40,000 this year.)

   Michael