From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Al Taglavore
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 12:42 PM
To: MetaStock List Group
Subject: RE: new user questions

Michael wrote:

If you want complex stuff it takes a complex programming language.  If you
want ease of use,
then you want a simple set of function commands.  MS has both.  So I don't
know what people
are complaining about.

===============
I would like to run a system test whereby I could enter on the high  plus
"X" number of ticks above the lowest bar of each "n" periods of time.  I do
not want to enter on the H, L, O, C.........but at a specified price, like
in real life.  I would also like to exit at a price in reference to the
entry price.  I would like to set an exit at "n" ticks below the entry,
even if it occurred on the same bar.  That seems fairly simple to me, but I
cannot do it in MS version "anything" E.O.D.  I do not want to learn to
program, I want to trade and run a simple test.  ValueWhen will not allow
me to do this, as it will always reference the first occurrence.

Hopefully this will answer your question.  Hopefully, you can supply a
solution.

Al Taglavore