RE: new user questions

I agree with Michael. There are only a handful of features that I feel
metastock needs that really are outside of what can be implemented
using MSX:

1. Entry and Exit on stops, where the entry/exit price accurately
reflect the stop order
2. Same for limit orders
3. A BarsInTrade() function. This can be done in MSX, but I feel it
should be a basic system function
5. A OpenTradeProfit() function.
6. Ability to share calculations and variables across "Long Entry",
"Long Exit", "Short Entry" and "Short Exit"
7. Ability to run systems with multiple dataseries where the
base-periodicity of the dataseries/securities are different.

For simple tests and experimentation, I find the formula language
sufficient.

Allan

--- michael <mslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "The only way to use complex indicators in MS is to have them built
> into the
> program. MS would be a very powerful program if it had a more
> functional
> "formula language".  Something like visual basic or a subset of C++
> or
> visual C would do it."
>

> MS has a the ability to build anything through the DLL function and
> MSX
> add-on.  Why do you need a subset of C++ when you can use full C++,
> Delphi,
> or any other DLL capable lanquage to build anything you want?  You
> could
> even build a separate program that uses MetaStock Data and builds the
> Price
> by Volume that's being talked about in a separate window.
>
> I think the people who are complaining about the MS formula language
> want
> something that does not exist anywhere.  They want the easy to use,
> simple
> function commands to do incredibly complex stuff.  If you want
> complex stuff
> it takes a complex programming language.  If you want ease of use,
> then you
> want a simple set of function commands.  MS has both.  So I don't
> know what
> people are complaining about.
>
> Michael

=====