  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 2:58
  AM
  Subject: Re: stock splits
      For an automatic search of splits try this
  at  <A
  href="http://www.worldlynx.net/pgerhart/_metafix.html";>http://www.worldlynx.net/pgerhart/_metafix.html

  jhmtn a écrit :
   <FONT
    size=-1>Tim, I have 60+
    Metastock folders holding some 2,100 stock issues.  In addition, some
    of those are duplicated in multiple folders by price, exchange, or issue
    type.  It includes the S&P 500. <FONT
    face=Arial>The way I handle the split issue is simple.  I
    do my daily price download then I run a small eploration I wrote that finds
    the common 2:1 splits, then another one that finds the 3:2 splits. I check
    the lists produced against the Yahoo site, then use my data provider
    software to afect the split. <FONT
    size=-1>Generally, it only adds about 3 - 6 minutes to my nightly
    preparation time.  Then, on the weekend, I again go to a web site such
    as Yahoo and scan their split list.  From that I pick up the oddball
    splits that I missed such as the 5:1 and the 1:8.  The weekend effort
    takes on average about 10 -15 minutes. A small price to
    pay. In addition to this,
    I do a more manual review of a potential trade before I take it.  This
    will show any other odball conditions that surface.  Plus, I've
    downloaded BigEasyInvestor and run its update about twice a week.  It
    reports splits due for the week and splits that occurred today at market
    open.  Altogether, the effort to maintain the DB for 2,100 issues is
    about 1/2 hour per week total, with some weeks taking up to a hour for that
    week. I've heard that some
    data providers will update the issue's back history if there is a split, but
    the one I use doesn't unless I delete and readd the issue, which I
    don't. Hope this helps
    ......... John ----- Original Message -----
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
      <DIV