BUY/SELL Trigger question

height=0 class=shape style='display:none;width:0;height:0'>

face="Trebuchet MS">Is there a way to program
the system tester to know when a trade is currently long or short, and to base
decisions based on that trades entry price?
I want to program an exit point to equal the “entry price” + say the
standard deviation of the previous 9 bars.
This would give you say 40 entry price + 6 dollars standard deviation
for an exit price of $46.

face="Trebuchet MS">

face="Trebuchet MS">My system, which works quite
well, uses a profit stop of 12% to exit trades.<span style="mso-spacerun:
yes">   This obviously works only on highly volatile stocks.<span
style="mso-spacerun: yes">  I would like to have the system
automatically determine achievable profit goals based on historical volatility
of the stock, in order to have it work on stocks with varying betas.

face="Trebuchet MS">

face="Trebuchet MS">Is there a way to program
profit stops that are dependant on stock volatility, and avoid using arbitrary
points or percentages in the profit stop tab?

face="Trebuchet MS">

face="Trebuchet MS">Thanks,

face="Trebuchet MS">David DeFina

ddefina@xxxxxxxxxxxx