Re: Formula help

Dave,

Thank you very much.  The Inactivity tab procedure worked exactly as I had
hoped.
The entry condition does not seem to make the entry that I have wanted.
To explain, I have two conditions for entry: 1) The low of the price must
be the lowest low value of any  18 day period. 2) I want to enter above the
high of that LLV (L,18) bar.  I have tried the Ref(H,-1) and I have tried
the Alert(C>=LLV(H,18),3).  All to no avail.   (I tried the "Alert"
function in an attempt to hold the statement for three bars after the LLV
occured).

I can get the L<=LLV(L,18) coupled with a close above the MP() to signal
entry with no problem.  I cannot, however, connect the L<=(L,18) statement
with the statement that my entry can only occur above the high of the
lowest bar. (I make my entry based on a % of ATR(50) above the high.) I
have been trading, with success, this condition.  I want to test and
attempt to optimize the condition to enhance profits and feel more
confident to increase the trade size.  My exit has been C<Ref(L,-1).  Now I
can have that exit and the three day in trade rule to build upon.

Again, thank you very much for the response.  Hopefully, I have made clear
my objective.  If you can suggest a code for the entry it would be much
appreciated.

Thank you,

Al Taglavore