Re: PCQuote

  • To: Dick <dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: PCQuote
  • From: Harley Meyer <meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 14:55:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello Dick,

I'll try this again. After being almost done the computer crashed. Oh
well.

With out making any assumptions, I am reading that your style of trading
is day trading. You are looking for some piece of information that is
going to move the market and you want to be on board when it starts and
out when the market/stock begins to lose the upward momentum. You are
looking for that 1 to 2 point scalp.

I can now see why PCQuote is not for you and I want to thank you for
taking the time to letting us know why PCQuote is slow for you. Beings
that I have the same PCQuote although a different service I will agree
with you that PCQuote can't do what you wants it to do.

To answer your question about selling or holding. I would wait until the
price moved 2 points below where I bought in at and then see if I could
get out of the mess without losing any money. LOL, of course. I would
sell.

I will add though that I am surprised that the quotes are that far
behind on any given stock that you can't trade it. Now I don't follow
the most active stocks everyday to compare how PCQuote performs with
these. So I don't know if these stocks have problems with the data
getting back logged or not. As we both know happens on the "busy" days.

I am still with YHOO and I am able to trade off the prices that come in
to PCQuote. But with out beating a dead horse I can understand the
uncertainty that you might have because the other information you need
is not timely.

One thing that I had mentioned earlier was to create two ticker window.
One for just the trades and the other for the market makers. Even though
I constantly watch the charts to see where the price is going, I will
say that ticker window really gives a great deal of information because
you can watch the market facilitation. This can be some of the last
piece of info I will look at when I place a day trade. Of course looking
at where I am in the daily range helps too.

I'll send you a copy of my PCQuote for windows page so you can see what
settings I use for the tickers. You can also see what I mean by almost
level II for free.

Now that I understand your style of trading, let us know what you
eventually settle into for future references.

Harley