Re: Exploration for Metastock 6.5

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>Happy Holidays Jim,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Telescan prosearches are great for fundamental
searches, and basic technical considerations. I don't think there's any other
service like it, available to individuals like you and I. There are hundreds of
searchable criteria available, it's fast, and relatively inexpensive for what
you can do. (In fact, that's the biggest danger of using it; getting wrapped up
into all the possibilities can lead you into a bewildering array of investing
ideas.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Jim Greening has kindly given out his prosearches
here many times, and I've been going over his investment style lately (since the
market hasn't been responding to good earnings/news with running up the stock
prices) He's got a value prosearch, growth PS, and other good ideas, while other
users seem to prefer just duplicating the candidate list from the IBD weekly
review (high ERG) but being able to do it every day.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Telescan has no where NEAR the canned indicators
and individual issue backtesting capability of MS6.5, so you're really not
duplicating your efforts by using both.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hope I've answered your
question.......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Dick</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>P.S. I had the opportunity to visit the Telescan
operation in Houston, and it's really quite impressive. They DO have technical
glitches from time to time, but when you step back and look at the service they
provide, it's kind of like getting to see a movie like The &quot;Titanic&quot;
for the price of $6.50 ticket.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2></FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>IBD
also offers a searchable database but charges over $100,000/yr. for
institutional clients so Telescan is pretty much the only game in town, unless
you want to search quarterly reports by hand. &lt;g&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
    </B>Jim &lt;<A
    href="mailto:anncora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>anncora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
    </B>Dick &lt;<A
    href="mailto:dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
    </B>Wednesday, December 24, 1997 7:20 AM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Re: Exploration
    for Metastock 6.5 <BR><BR></DIV></FONT>thank you for your resply..i am
    heading south to florida for the holiday and will get back with when i
    return....but just a few more..have you ever compared T-F or M-S with