Re: Metastock and Win NT

For anyone who is interested, I have extensively used all of the features in
MetaStock v6.x in Windows 95 and have not encountered any problems.  This
includes running explorations consisting of an entire Equis data CD-ROM
directory (about 1,000 symbols copied to hard disk) which have taken 5
minutes.

If you are having crashes, it's probably because your system has other
programs or DLL's loaded in memory which are conflicting with MetaStock.
Although I have MSFT DriveSpace 3'd (compression) most of my drive, including
Equis, I still do not have any problems.

Try downloading the latest system patches from MSFT, including KERNAL (I have
downloaded and installed all that apply to me), removing all of the entries
from your StartUP folder, and downloading the latest drivers from your
motherboard manufacturer.

If you must have Windows NT, you can still have the functionality of Windows
95 on the same computer.  PowerQuest PartitionMagic 3.x has an included
program called Boot Manager.  It allows you to have multiple operating systems
on the same computer.

Daniel L. Martinez
Orange, CA

In a message dated 97-12-08 09:41:15 EST, jan.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx