Re: Using Excel to convert data

I agree automatic trendline detection should be included in MetaStock.
Another thing I don't like about MetaStock v6.x is their system tester only
uses buy, sell, and stop signals for 1 price (open, close, etc...).  This
means on a large moving day the tester allows the price to drop (assuming long
buy) far past any signal and lose a large amount of money.    Because this
would never happen in real trading (even using free 15 minuted delayed
quotes), it dimishes the value of the tester.

I called Omega Research and asked them about their Tradestation system tester.
It also uses an end-of-day database and I assume only 1 price for trades.  If
I am wrong perhaps you could elaborate.

Daniel L. Martinez

<< On Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:18:07 -0000 "Steven Buss" <sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 writes:
 >to try Tradestation.
 i tried tradestation a few years ago & didn't like it because you had to
 learn a "new language" to write conditions.
 i prefer metastock because the formulas are closer to algebra etc...
 and easier to write.
 the tradestation handbook is very hard to read & understand and takes a
 lot of effort to get the full understanding of what they are trying to
 convey.
 i do like their alarm feature for trend lines ( i wish metastock had
 that), so i bought "wallstreet analyst deluxe" also by omega reserach, to
 suplement some of metastock short comings- here i get trendline break
 alarms & 2 audio / video experts [tom demark & larry williams]
 the software is only $40.00.
 mike  >>