Re: data vendors

Chip, the new America stocks almost always get goosed up in price following
an IBD mention, and this is seldom a great time to buy them.....that's why
the timeliness of delivery is not important (within a day or so)

And you have to remember, guys like Richard (who have been doing this the
better part of 3 decades) have far better systems in place that work over a
broad range of market conditions.

I'm a relative beginner like you seem to be, and if I see 10 different CNBC
guests contradict themselves on the "economic slowdown" of next year, I just
turn to the IBD futures page and look at the direction of raw materials
prices...
And I don't use RS figures to buy a stock that's already tripled in the last
six months; I look for divergence in the RS and the stock price, and if
successive RS figures are higher, while the stock price is the same, it
might be a good stock to further evaluate.

There's a million little uses for this paper, and although I'm fortunate to
have a variety of  tools, I could make money using IBD, and nothing else.

How many tools do you have like that ?

Dick

P.S It really helps to check the same areas of the paper everyday.....Once
it becomes a habit, the market doesn't seem nearly so random and
unpredictable.