RSI based on open

Use the rate of change from 1 time period to the next and set it equal
to zero.

So for example
ref(close,-2) - ref(close, -7) =  0 {straight line from 7 days ago until
2 days ago}
and

ref(close, -2) < close   {breakout from the straigh line}

This is just an example. I am sure you have your own ideas.

Harley