Steve: What is my message about?

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A very interesting
week.&nbsp; I came close to being stopped out of SEG and RDC, but wasn't.&nbsp;
However, It could still happen soon as the stops are still close.&nbsp; On the
other hand, IOM continued to rise to near the top of its channel and I sold Dec
30 covered calls at 3 1/2 yesterday.&nbsp; I'm expecting a small pullback to
below 30 on IOM so it will probably take off like a rocket
&lt;G&gt;.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I've finished my weekly
tests and looked at the charts.&nbsp; With another week's worth of data, all of
my indices have now clearly broken out of their short term down trend channels
so I am expecting an up market for the next couple of months.&nbsp; Of course
I've been wrong before and .....&lt;G&gt;.&nbsp; For this week's pick I'm going
back to the home building sector.&nbsp; The story here is that home building
should boom if mortgage rates keep coming down and I think they will for the
next six months to a year at least.&nbsp; Home building is especially strong in
California right now and above average in Texas so I'm going with Standard
Pacific Corp (SPF).&nbsp; SPF builds medium priced homes in the California and
Texas markets.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SPF at 13 3/8 is in a
Short Term Up Trend Channel (STUTC) with the top at 14 and the bottom at 11
1/2.&nbsp; It had a CANSLIM type breakout to a new 52 week high Tuesday on good
volume and moved sideways since then.&nbsp; You all know that I usually buy only
when the stock is coming off the bottom of its channel since that gives the best
reward/risk ratio.&nbsp; However, I'm going to make an exception and nibble
here.&nbsp; The reason is that while some CANSLIM break outs do correct to the
bottom of their channels soon after the break out, others take off like a rocket
and stay in the top half of their channels for extended periods.&nbsp;
Therefore, I'm going to take a small (1/2 size) position here and add to it
when/if it does correct to the bottom of the channel.&nbsp; RSquared is at 0.73
and rising which indicate that a strong trend is in progress.&nbsp; Tema(S/C) is
at 23 and rising indicating an up trend which is confirmed by Tema(MFI) which
just turned positive but has been rising for over a month.&nbsp; The
fundamentals look great with a Price/Sales of 0.59, Debt/Equity of 0.69, 39%
insider ownership, 13% revenue rise in the last year, and earnings looking like
they will grow over 100% this year.&nbsp; I'm hoping that this can be a core
holding, so I'm not going to set a target right now.&nbsp; I'll set the stop at
10 3/4 just under the STUTC.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'll send SPF.GIF
charts to everyone on the email list.&nbsp; If you are not on the list and want
on, just yell.&nbsp; The only obligation is participation in this email
forum.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Jim&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sat Nov 22 10:37:47 1997