s&p500

My frustration the last few days led me to try to get a handle on the
Oscillator (e.g., Stochastic) vs. Trend Following (e.g., moving average)
indicator issue.

Maybe I've seen someone lay out a general strategy for understanding how
these two indicator types can be used together and just don't remember...I'm
sure there are multiple approaches.

But I did come across Alexander Elder's "Double-checking beats optimizing"
article in a little booklet he sells ("Trader's Guide to Day-Trading") at
his site for $10.  If I had read (and understood <g>) this article just a
few weeks ago I would have saved myself some tension as well as a few
dollars...His site is www.elder.com.

Anyone know of anyone else who has specified a clear view of HOW Oscillator
vs. Trend Following Indicators can be used together?

Steven Buss
Walnut Creek, CA
sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx