Trading the Tops?

Before offering advice on how to deal with ISP's and modems here are some
thoughts that may help you understand why not all objectors to huge chart
downloads are "so selfish".

(1) Many subscribers use Email for a variety of purposes  ... not just
Metastock.

(2) The list of thousands you refer to is spread world wide. Many countries and
areas do not necessarily enjoy low cost connect fees or lighting fast ISP's.

(3) Not all users enjoy "state of the art" equipment able to download a complex
chart in 20 seconds. By reading response from some group users you will see
that download times can run as high as three minutes. Multiply this by up to 5
or 6 charts per day and the time wasted is significant.

Finally if those who feel compelled to share their charts with the world were
to take a leaf out of Jim Greenings book we could all be more efficient. If you
want a chart from Jim he  sends it to you direct and off list.

Please try and understand.

Cheers

--
Tony Smallwood