Deflation

Eudora has a setting to "skip" messages over a certain size.  It doesn't actually skip them, it downloads a portion and lets you tag a message for full downloading the next time.  It's also has a setting to let you choose whether you want an attachment automatically deleted when you delete the email it came with.

Eudora Light and Eudora Pro beta versions are free at:

http://www.eudora.com/eudoralight/#download

http://www.eudora.com/betas/epro4.html

--Barry