Using S&P500 Globex on the Open?

I'm especially interested in feedback on this note from bearish, more
experienced list-members:

Did a smoking jacket level browse of Nasdaq 100 price patterns after
yesterday's close.  (Richard Estes:  I love your smoking jacket phrase
because I'm a newbie in a smoking jacket doing just a little "harder"
analysis and I recognize I need to do more.)

>From the Nasdaq 100 browse, I created a list of at least 25 of these that
have the following characteristics:

-  Lower highs and lower lows before the recent big drop with many of the
pre-drop lower lows being made as large, black candlevolume bars

-  The recent rally for these ~25 patterns has not taken out the necessary
old highs to establish a new uptrend

-  The rally shows up on the candlevolume charts as mostly very small, white
candlevolume bars

-  The uptrend rally on white candlevolume bars has ended and black rally
top candlevolume bars appear for the last 1-2 days (I traded this pattern on
Dell puts the last 2 days <g> )

-  Nearest downside support for many of these ~25 is 10-15% away

The prominence of this general pattern in Nasdaq 100 charts is as great as
was the prominence of topping patterns in S&P industry indices that I
described in my note to this list on 10/26/97...

My plan is to try to pick out the most promising of these downtrending
patterns today.  I'm expecting/hoping that today's market action will
support my buying puts on one or more these ~25 before the close today...

Question:  What kind of market action today (Friday 11/7) optimally leads to
a significant downside move Monday/Tuesday?

Steven Buss
Walnut Creek, CA
sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx