Re: binary waves

  • To: "'Steven Buss'" <sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Combining Major Market Indices with Appropriate Volume...
  • From: John Sellers <ay286@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 14:22:11 -0800 (PST)

Equis International has a program called IRL produced by another party that they are selling. I am using IRL and it will create the DJ-30 Index along with its true volume. This volume is equal to sum of each stock's volume. It functions well and it is my thought that these volume figures are more representative and indicative for stock market analysis. For instance: I get suspicious about rallies without proper volume to support it. Lately the DJ-30 stocks have appeared lousy to me.

Incidentally with IRL you may make indices consisting of any stocks you wish to include.