En: '87 crash chart

  • To: Joe Acevedo &amp; Anne Marie Flynn <cn001532@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The (Super?) Investor files.
  • From: Efrain R Portales <efrain12@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:58:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Joe,
I purchased about 20 of those files, tried a few of them, but
They didn't really make up my expectations. I remember
One spread on the meats, I held it for more than three months,
It never moved but a few points, I closed it with a small loss.
    Recently, I received an updated file, they keep their same
Basic rules and tools like the templates you have to fill by
Hand. They don't encourage using spreadsheets, although you
Can do it with a little self-initiative ( on Excel, for example ).
    Another thing: speaking of spreads, keep in mind that those
Files only consider the numerical difference between close
Prices, just like MS 6.5 does. Problem is, in volatile markets
Your spread can be jumping up and down, even giving you
Negative numbers. IMHO, the way a spread ( I mean, a real
Spread ) should be analyzed  is considering the difference in
Prices between Opens, Highs, Lows and Closes for both
Securities.  You'll be surprised to see the real scenario!.
    In case you're going to try this approach, notice that,
Sometimes the spread low may be higher than the spread high.
Another thing to consider is, ( important for intraday trading )
The spread highs and lows DO NOT NECESSARILY
Occur at the same time.
Probably all this 'kinda' complex situations made Equis stay
Away from giving a REAL spread indicator and just settled
For the 'tricky' one included in MS 6.5.
Good luck!.

Efrain R Portales
Fort Worth