Re: Systems Equis Sells

Richard,
Which volume of the Greg Morris systems would you recommend?  Buying all 11
would be a little too steep for me.  Of the first set, only volume 2 seems to
have any systems.  Of the second set, many of the systems are old.  Volume 10
has Economic and Business Cycle Indicators.  How do you update these?

The Nirvana product seems to have over 100 systems.  Have you tested these
systems?

MetaStock System Tester Reporting Bug:
Go to System Tester.  Click on Options at the bottom of the Tester window.
 On the Reporting Tab click on Maximum Reports.  Enter a number SMALLER than
the number of optimizations you will test in one of your systems (10 should
be okay).  Click OK to leave.  Choose a system with more optimizations than
the number you entered.  Run the test.  When MetaStock notifies you it's
finished running the tests, click on Reports.  On the left column you will
see the test number.

If your most profitable test# is greater than the reporting number you
entered, when you click on Reports and then click on the Trades tab, you will
get a blank window.  Click on the Equity tab.  In the Equity tab window, if
you double-click on any line or the Inspect button, you will get the error
"File Error in PT1.DTA.  Unknown error occurred."

If your most profitable test is equal to or less than the number you entered,
click on a test# greater than what you entered.  I talked to Equis support
and they told me this is a known bug.  They will not be writing a patch for
it.  The reason why you want to limit the number of reports is when you run a
large number of optimizations (up to 32,000), you don't want fill your drive
with useless reports.

Because I purchased MetaStock v6 at a discount and I need a new data disk
anyway, I really don't have any complaints that Equis isn't writing a patch
for v6.0.  My real cost is $71-$30=$41.  Not bad for an upgrade.  It would
have been nice if Equis had included Macros or reentering of explorations
though.

The WoW bugs include redrawing errors (which they may/should have fixed by
now) and an error calculating the commission amount.  I never went through,
line by line, to check their system tester.  I won't waste my time doing this
and once a major calculation error is found, you should return it anyway.
 WoW does not support optimization.  However, it does support fundamentals
(you can't get everything).

Daniel Martinez.

<< A bug? You found one in WOW too. What is it?  Was it fixed in 6.5?

 Morris's systems  are good for those not capable of doing their own. They
 are much better than Nirvana, both may be high. My question would be why
 Nirvana is so high?