Re: Reuters Data

Leon,

Thanks for the interesting note.

I use Reuters Trend Data data through their internet connection.
NOT Reality Online.

The S&P goes back to about 1980.

Many of the Futures contracts go back even further.

Complete everything except options.

Setting the thing up was an incredibly huge and unpleasant job
 as their computer cuts you off if the download is too large.

Their historical on Mutual funds leaves much to be desired.

I have had to correct quite a few spikes .... everywhere.

And I often wonder why there are so many errors in the futures data.

Their support people seem to be drowning in a bureaucracy,
and the answers are often "call someone else".

They claim to have 400 people cleaning data,
but they must be the laziest 400 on earth

Still, I haven't found any one any better AND as complete.

Also the whole thing wraps up into the MStck downloader quite nicely.

I just have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to get the download done.

How did you find anyone to take responsibility?

How did you check their data?? I mean against whose?

Have you tried the Reuters system??

Who do you use otherwise??

REALLY glad to hear someone else is also hounding them to improve.

Theirs could really be a great system if they would just
make it more customer friendly. AND fix the errors.

Thanks, Ray Hodge.

I reported that Currencies go back to 1992,  SP-500 -to 1993,
missing days were everywhere ...

Eventually I got an indication that within 2 months database would be
cleaned.  So in August I subscribed again.