ASCII file download

At 12:39 PM 9/22/97 -0700, Vitaly Larichev wrote:
>fredwat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>> When I work and stare at the monitor for long hours, my eyes would went
>> tire.  Any suggestions on how to protect our eyes against premature lost of
>> vision, etc...
>>

>My painful (literally!) experience with my eyes after long hours staring
>at a monitor shows that a high quality monitor + quiet (for me it's
>light greenish) colors on the screen make a HUGE difference. Now I
>wouldn't tell if I had 7 hour day at a monitor, or spent all day napping
>on a sofa.
>
>			Cheers, Vitaly

Vitaly -

   Yes, I agree!  A quality monitor and gentle colors (I use the Desert
pattern in Windows NT 4.0) did away with the painful eye strain I had lived
with for years.

   Also, I found that setting the Refresh Rate (in Display Properties in my
windows NT 4.0) as high as I can helps.  What I am trying to do is set it
as far above the standard 60 cycles in U. S. electric current as possible.
Doing so takes the flicker out of my screen.  My current Fresh Rate is 75
Hertz.

-- Frank :-)

High Return on Investment using Technical Analysis
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/
Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/