Re: RSI formula for an indicator.

Al Taglavore wrote:

> I am a futures trader.  What are SOES traders and what is the island?
>
> Al Taglavore

SOES - Small Order Execution System was designed after 1987 crash in attempt
to provide liquidity to small investors. SOES traders are using certain
characteristics of this system as a foundation of their trading system.
Basically they are after very small gains (1/8, 1/4 etc.) on a single trade,
but multiplied by 30-80 trades a day. While it doesn't sound like much  their
accuracy is nearly deadly comparing to "conventional" styles and  it can
translate to some pretty consistent returns. Some people consider this a very
high risk trading style. I tend to disagree with this view. IMHO SOES trading
backed up with smart money management is actually less risky than typical buy
and hold_no_matter_what_happens approach.

If you would like to read a little bit more about SOES trading and the Island
check out the following sites:
www.josh.com -- silly site, but lots of info. Should be the first place to go.
:-)
www.daytrading.com - Broadway Consulting Group. One of the SOES trading
places. They are offering a demo presentation of the Watcher which is one of
the main tools used by SOES traders.
www.cyber-corp.com -- authors of Cyber Trader. IMHO the most impressive
trading software ever made.
There are some more links (just don't remember them at the moment) that you
can find of www.josh.com
Oh....one more thing ....Broadway Consulting is also selling a very
interesting book "Electronic Day Trading: by Marc Friedfertig and George West.
The book gives a nice introduction to some basic SOES techniques as well as
the Watcher (SOES trading software).

--- Borys