Re: Least expensive RT Quotes ?

I would like to describe a trading situation that occurred to me today
and get some opinions from you "salty and seasoned" traders.

I bought a stock TRDT (OTC) about a month ago at 15. The bid/ask
was bid:14,  ask:15. Naturally I expected an upward breakout. The
breakout came yesterday. The stock ended the day with a bid/ask of
bid:16 1/4  ask: 17 1/8. In order to protect against a loss I placed a
stop loss order at 16 just prior to the market's opening. To my
surprise, 5 minutes after the market opened I received a
confirmation call from my broker. My TRDT holding was sold at
16 1/8. As of moments ago TRDT has a bid/ask of bid: 17 5/8,
ask: 17 7/8.

Did I make an error in judgement with respect to where I set my
stop loss given the wide bid/ask spread, or did I just get the shaft
from a market maker? Any comments, questions, observations
welcome. Thanks,

Regards
Tim