BRADY BREAK OUT

Hello all, I'm a newcomer to the group and have just seen a question I can respond to...ASCII data loading. I follow the UK market and download an ASCII ZIP file each day from ESI and then load it to a series of Metastock subdirectories based on my own grouping of the securities.

The process used is as follows :
- using Winbatch (a Windows batch scripting tool) run PKUNZIP to unzip the download file
- import the data to a Microsoft Access database table
- run queries to check the data, correct any errors and flag new symbols
- export multiple ASCII files grouped as you want to see them in Metastock (I've assigned each security a group within Microsoft Access)
- run a Winbatch script to make multiple passes through Downloader to convert each ASCII file (one for each directory set)

It sounds involved but I have the process down to one mouse click from having downloaded the ZIP file to an updated Metastock database for 3000 securities.

Winbatch can be found at www.windowware.com - you can download an evaluation copy to try. (It's about $100). Equis sell a similar product for automating Windows called Autorun but I've no experience with it.

John Adams
adamsjr@xxxxxxxxx