Commodities, SE Asia

> From: WWW.DBC.COM <WBISHOP@xxxxxxx>
> To: ANIMAL@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: problems with Signal
> Date: Wednesday, July 16, 1997 1:18 PM
>
> Mr. Hadley,
>
> Thanks you for your email. I am sorry that you feel that you have not
received
> the customer service that you deserve. I have forwarded your email to our
head
> of Customer Service, who will look into the matter.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Bishop
> Director, DBC Online
> wbishop@xxxxxxx

Previously I raise an issue about the integrity of the opening prices
being received off your system.  You thanked me for my concerns and
bringing this to your attention.  You also indicated you would be
forwarding this to the head of your Customer Service for resolution.

Realizing there would be summer vacations to take, resource conflicts
with other projects(Sports scores, Horse racing results, Betting
action, etc., etc., etc.) I elected not to hold my breath waiting for
a response and/or solution.

Also, being fully aware of the commitment required in acquiring
competitors, it is only because only about 10% the daily opening price
downloads are correct, I respectfully raise this issue again.

For several days I have received "0.25000" as the opening price for IDA.
This stock's trading range is 31-33.   The information contained in your
historical data appears to be correct.  There appears to be a disparity
in what you keep verses what you transmit.  This is true for "hundreds"
of other stocks I follow

Since you have the correct data, how much effort would it be to transmit
the correct data for EOD prices.

The sticking point here is I use candlestick charts.  They are worthless
if the opening price is 10, 20, 100 dollars out of the daily trading range.

While not perfect, the logic is simple:

If Today's Record Count Is Greater Than/Equal To One Then
	If Today's Open Is 0  Then
		If Today's Open Is Greater Than/Equal To Yesterday's Low And
		If Today's Open Is Less Than/Equal To Yesterday's High Then
			Today's Open Equals Yesterday's Close
		End If
	Else
		If Today's Open Is Less Than To Yesterday's Low Then
			Today's Open Equals Yesterday's Low
		Else
			If Today's Open Is Greater Than Yesterday's High Then
				Today's Open Equals Yesterday's High
		End If
	End If
Else
	If Today's Open Is Less Than To Today's Low Or
	Today's Open Is Greater Than Today's High Then
		Today's Open Equals Today's High Plus Today's Low Divided By Two
End If

I hope this is helpful in reducing the resources required to address
this issue.

Attention MetaStock:

Including a "Open Fix" option would be a great feature for the next
Downloader patch.  This would allow the user to perform the above fix
if they desired.  Realizing you may also be faced with a resource
conflict with all the other great enhancements you will be providing
in the next soon-to-be-released patch of Downloader, I will be happy
to code this segment for you.  My fee would be copy of the developers
release for the latest version of the Downloader.

I view this as a feature that would run transparently during price
imports or as a part of the data/file integrity check.

In that I would need the function "hook" requirements for this I do
not have any issue with the legal non-disclosure blah blah blah.