OBTR

Efrain R Portales wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nice if all of us took this as a "non - official" rule
> and post
> a brief message like :
> " Thanks to all of you who replied on my message about ..... ",
> whether or not we got the answer / help we were looking for?

I agree that we should show our thanks when we receive help, but the
protocols that I have read in FAQs for other lists suggest that a "Thank
you" reply should not be sent to the list. If the reply contains
information that would be helpful to other users, it should be sent to
the list. If the reply is a simple "Thank you" it should be sent to the
Email address of the person who offered the suggestion.

This has always seemed to be a good compromise to me. It keeps the list
uncluttered, and still shows appreciation to the people who volunteered
their help.

What do you think?

David.