charts

I do this all the time.  I use PSM (Personal Stock Monitor) to collect
quotes during the day (or at end of day).  These can be free 15-minute
delayed quotes from a dozen sources, or paid real-time quotes.  PSM
writes out an ASCII file whenever you want.  Get PSM at
http://www.clark.net/pub/aivasyuk/psm

Then you use the Downloader (supplied with Metastock) to convert the
ASCII data to Metastock format and append it to your existing data for
the stocks you follow.  That's a simple matter of setting the Input to
ASCII and the Output to Metastock formats, and set some of the
options, (like Append.)