Re: Metastock 6.0

All,
     This week my weekly pick is a mutual fund.  I don't use mutual funds
for U.S. securities because I think I can do better by picking my own
stocks.  However, that's not true for foreign stocks since there just isn't
enough information available, so I do use mutual funds for my exposure to
foreign stocks.  I like to keep around 10% - 20% of my portfolio in foreign
stock mutual funds as a hedge against the U.S. market.  I haven't had any
since I was stopped out of Janus a couple of weeks ago.  This time I like
Lexington Trokia Russia Dialog Fund (LETRX).  However, this one is
definitely a highly volatile fund and requires a $5000 initial investment
so it isn't for everyone.  It's been in business less than a year and has
over a 100% run up in that time.  Due to the uncertainty of the Russian
market it could come down just as fast or continue at the same pace.  Of
course, I'm hoping for the latter <G>.  By the way, this is a Schwab One
fund so I can trade it commission free.
     LETRX at 24.96 is in a Short Term Up Trend Channel (STUTC) with the
top at 27 1/2 and the bottom at 24.90.  It's also in an intermediate and
long term up trend.  The RSquared, LinRegSlope, and CCI indicators all
confirm a strong up trend although CCI has pulled back to near zero with
the last couple of weeks of sideways to slightly down movement.  I'm hoping
that this coupled with being at the bottom of the STUTC indicate a good
entry point.  I'll open a position Monday.  Since the STUTC hasn't had any
good reactions, I'll use the Intermediate Term Up trend Channel (ITUTC)
with the bottom at 22.80 for my stops.
     I'll send a LETRX.GIF chart to everyone on the chart e-mail list.  If
you aren't on, and want on, just yell.

Jim